Skemmtilegar bækur fyrir skemmtilegt fólk
Höfundur Helga Hilmisdóttir, Jacek Kozlowski
Learn Icelandic with this complete course, now with free audio download!
Icelandic is a North-Germanic language spoken by over 300,000 people, mainly in Iceland where it is an official language. The language can be traced back to the Old Norse brought by settlers from Norway in the 9th and 10th centuries. Because of Iceland’s isolation and remote location, the linguistic changes that occurred in other Scandinavian languages are not seen in Icelandic, which still has complicated grammar systems.
Ideal for those new to Icelandic, learning at home or in the classroom, Beginner’s Icelandic with Online Audio includes:
- Fourteen carefully-paced and practical lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, expressions, and exercises
- An alphabet and pronunciation guide
- English-Icelandic and Icelandic-English glossaries
- A brief introduction to Iceland’s history and culture
- Online MP3 audio files for download featuring pronunciation by native speakers